Innovative engineering and intelligent design come together in the SVS Ultra Surround home theater speakers. Acoustically voiced to blend seamlessly with all models in the SVS Ultra and Prime series speaker lines, the Ultra Surround speaker deeply immerses you in the onscreen action by conveying a massive soundstage and rendering the smallest details with pinpoint clarity and spatial imaging.
Designed with dual isolated SoundMatch two-way crossovers for each tweeter and woofer, the SVS Ultra Surround can operate in either bipole, dipole, or in the unique SVS Duet Mode, which creates two separate speakers in a single cabinet. In Duet mode, each set of drivers in the Ultra Surround speaker receives a discrete signal, so your system can deliver true 7 channel surround sound using only 5 full-range speakers.
- Tweeter | Dual 1"
- Midrange | N/A
- Woofer | Dual 5.5"
- Freq. Response | 58 Hz-32 kHz (±3 dB)
- Port size & # | N/A
- Dimension | 14” (H) 12.3” (W) 7” (D)
- Weight | 18 lb
SVS Ultra Surround Speaker
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 58 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts.
- Dual Baffle Surround Loudspeaker
- Piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finish options
- Dual independent gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Aluminum wall mounting bracket with safety catch feature to help prevent inadvertent removal
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 6.9” (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 7” (D) (with bracket)
- Shipped Dimensions: 19" (H) x 22" (W) x 17" (D)
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 40 pounds
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- Vertically aligned tweeter and midrange improves horizontal axis polar response, with reduced lobing and comb filtering
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band.
- Aluminum shorting rings to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity
- Vented voice coil formers to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Dual isolated crossover networks allows for bipole, dipole or unique Duet mode
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for excellent off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency, and total radiated sound power
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.0 kHz
- Non-parallel cabinet panels reduces axial standing waves within the cabinet, reducing frequency response coloration
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response