From the moment you feel the heft of the Prime Satellite speakers, you understand they’re not the typical compact satellite speaker designed primarily for lifestyle or visual appeal. The Prime Satellite is a bona fide high performance loudspeaker that deftly plays any role in a home theater or audio system, and shatters expectations while doing it.
No satellite speakers have ever offered the level of rigorous design, high-end components and precise build quality in a such a super compact cabinet. The Prime Satellite conveys stunning dynamic impact and convincing detail and refinement well beyond what’s expected from such a small speaker. It easily mounts on any wall or ceiling, or sits on any surface, and is painstakingly voiced to blend with all speakers from the SVS Prime and Ultra Series lines. It’s also neutral sounding enough to integrate seamlessly with speakers from other brands in multi-channel home theater surround sound systems. These factors give the Prime Satellite incredible flexibility to serve in many different roles depending on the layout of your room and the specific needs of your system.
- Tweeter | 1"
- Midrange | 4.5"
- Woofer | N/A
- Freq. Response | 69 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Port size & # | 1"
- Dimension | 8.85” (H) 4.9” (W) 6.3” (D)
- Weight | 6.5 lb
SVS Prime Satellite Speaker
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 69 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 85 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
- Satellite Loudspeaker
- Black ash, piano gloss black, and piano gloss white finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 13.9" (W) X 8.9" (D)
- Shipped Dimensions 3 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 20.3" (W) X 8.9" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 6.5 pounds
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 14.7 pounds
- Shipped Weight 3 Pack: 21.7 pounds
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
4.5” Midrange Driver:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response